Duijndam Works Privacy Statement
Duijndam Works is active in the field of employment and job placement services and in that context processes personal data. If you, as a website visitor, candidate/applicant, employee or client (user company) provide us with personal data, we will handle those data carefully and securely. Naturally, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable rules and regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and process, as well as for which purposes and on which grounds we do so. In addition it is set out for how long we retain your personal data, whether we share those data with third parties, how your data are secured and how you can contact us.
- The Controller
This privacy statement applies to:
- the private company with limited liability Duijndam Personeelsdiensten B.V., with its registered office and principal place of business in (2676 LV) Maasdijk, aan Honderdland 241;
- the private company with limited liability Uitzendbureau Karel Duijndam B.V., with its registered office and principal place of business in (2676 LV) Maasdijk, aan Honderdland 241;
- the private company with limited liability Duijndam Flex B.V., with its registered office and principal place of business in (2676 LV) Maasdijk, aan Honderdland 241;
- the private company with limited liability Duijndam International sp. z o.o., with its registered office and principal place of business in (45-064) Opole, on Kołłątaja 3/2, Poland;
- the private company with limited liability Duijndam Works s.r.o., with its registered office and principal place of business in (943 01) Štúrovo, on Hasičská 13A, Slovakia.
In this privacy statement, each of these companies will be referred to as Duijndam Works, we or us.
Duijndam Works processes your personal data and determines the purpose and the means for such processing. As such, Duijndam Works qualifies as the controller within the meaning of the GDPR.
- Visiting the website
For more information about cookies on our website, please go to the cookie statement that can also be found on our website.
Our website may contain references and/or hyperlinks to one or several third party websites. This privacy statement does not apply to those websites. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of those third parties, so that you aware of how they handle your personal data.
- Why do we collect personal data?
We collect and process you data for the purpose of executing our services, such as: placing and seconding, recruitment and selection, job coaching, HR consulting, sickness absence policy, personnel management, outplacement and payroll administration.
More specifically we process your personal data:
- to enable us to make you offers and/or provide you with information about our services and to enable us to gear those services better to your wishes and qualities;
- to approach you for commercial offers, newsletters and promotional campaigns that might be of interest to you, only if you have registered for them (opt-in);
- to enable us to assess your suitability and availability in connection with intermediary services towards permanent or temporary employment or an assignment, in which test results, reference checks (either with or without involving third parties) etc. can also be used;
- to enter into and maintain an employee or personnel/employee agency relationship with you and carry out the administration relevant in that context;
- to fulfil our reintegration obligations and to assist people with poor job prospects in finding work;
- to enable us to lay down an assignment in an agreement with you and to be able to maintain and fulfil this agreement;
- to improve your personal development and employability, including training, education and tests;
- for management purposes including management information, carrying out internal checks and corporate security and performing audits and auditing;
- for quality purposes such as certification;
- to apply for subsidies, premium reductions and the like;
- when we have entered into an employee or personnel/employee agency relationship with you, to comply with the laws and regulations, including but not limited to identification, labour legislation, tax and social security legislation, combating fraud and national and international sanctions legislation.
We process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following grounds:
- Necessary for entering into and performing an agreement
- Necessary for representing legitimate interests (where applicable, you will be informed of which legitimate interest)
- Necessary for complying with a statutory obligation that Duijndam Works has
- Your permission (if required)
You are under no obligation to provide us with personal data. If you do not share (specific) personal data with us, this may result in us not being able to enter into an agreement with you or in us not being able to be at your service properly. We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
- Which data do we collect from you?
You are responsible for the correctness and relevance of the data you provide.
In so far as relevant and necessary, the personal data of candidates/applicants and employees that may be processed, include the following: name, address, place of residence, email address, telephone number, nationality, place and date of birth, gender, curriculum vitae, work experience, clothing sizes for the purpose of work clothing, bank account number, policy or client number health insurance company, education and training details, (copy) certificates, references, (copy) passport photo, (copy) ID card, citizen service number (BSN), (copy) work permit, (copy) employment contract, (copy) residence permit, (copy) Declaration of Independent Contractor Status (VAR), your height, any allergies and/or fear of heights, details regarding your availability and leave, other details that are relevant in the context of assessing your suitability as an applicant/candidate or employee, other details that are related to the registration of personnel, salary and sickness absence, details that you provide of your own accord and other details the processing of which is required or necessary by law.
The following personal data are processed of clients (user companies) and business contacts: (corporate) name, address, place of residence or place of business, email address, details for maintaining the relationship, details of position and contact details.
- Third parties
We may provide your personal data to (potential) clients (user companies) and contacts, suppliers (for instance educational bodies), auditing bodies, government institutions, subcontractors and to companies and/or individuals we engaged for performing certain duties or services. We do so if this is necessary for fulfilling the purposes stated in this privacy statement. In addition, we may provide your personal data to third parties if we are entitled or obliged to do so under the applicable laws and/or regulations, a court order or a court ruling, if this is done for the sake of a legitimate interest, or if we have obtained your permission to do so. We make contractual arrangements with these third parties about the processing and security of your personal data, unless the third party itself also qualifies as a controller under the GDPR.
Your personal data may be transferred outside of the Netherlands. This only happens if the country in question offers an appropriate level of security for the processing of personal data, if the transfer is necessary or mandatory and if one of the grounds for processing data referred to in this statement provides the possibility to do so. Where applicable, we will inform you in further detail.
- Special personal data
We only process special personal data on you if this is necessary to comply with our statutory obligations, in so far as you have given your express permission to do so or in so far as this is otherwise permitted by or pursuant to the law.
8. How long will the personal data be retained?
We retain your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which these data have been collected and we comply with the applicable laws and regulations in this regard. From time to time we run checks whether it is still necessary to retain the personal data.
The following retention periods will in any case apply:
- Personal data of (former) employees will be deleted no later than 2 years after termination of employment, unless the law requires us to retain specific personal data for a longer period
- By law, payroll tax statements and the copy of the identity papers will be retained up to 5 years after termination of employment
- By law, details regarding payroll administration and other tax details (‘basic details’) will be retained at least 7 years after termination of employment
- With the permission of the applicant, his/her personal data will be retained for 1 year at the most. Without the permission of the applicant, his/her personal data will be deleted within 4 weeks of the end of the application procedure. Job application details of an employee will be retained up to 1 year after employment
- Security and confidentiality
The proper protection of your personal data is important to us. That is why we take appropriate precautionary measures to protect your personal data against loss or any kind of unauthorised processing, and we require third parties, handling or processing your personal data on our behalf, that they do the same, irrespective of whether such processing takes place in the Netherlands or elsewhere. Such measures comprise both technical and organizational measures. Technical measures among other things include a physical security and password security. Organizational measures for instance regard restricting access to qualified personnel that have a duty of confidentiality. The measures taken guarantee an appropriate level of security considering the risks of processing and the nature of the data to be protected.
- Your rights
You have the right of access to the data we hold about you, and the right to request us to indicate which (categories of) personal data about you we process, for which purposes this is done, from which source the data originate and which retention periods are used by us. You may also request us to correct, revise and/or fully delete the personal data you provided us with. If processing is based on your permission, you are entitled to withdraw that permission at all times, the processing of your personal data will then be stopped. Withdrawal of your permission does not affect processing that has already taken place. In addition, you have the right to request transfer (export) of personal data we retain about you, to object to processing your personal data and to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to make use of one of the above-mentioned rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Duijndam Works, Honderdland 241, 2676 LV in Maasdijk. We will inform you further about your request within 1 month. In your request, the grounds on which you are filing your request should be stated and you must provide us with sufficient details to enable us to verify your identity.
In some cases your requests may be refused by us. If so, you will be informed thereof stating the legal basis for refusing your request. The reasons for a refusal may for instance be a statutory obligation we have or the excessive or unreasonable nature of one or more requests.
- Questions, comments and complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints in relation to this privacy statement or the manner in which we handle your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com. You can also send a letter to Duijndam Works, Honderdland 241, 2676 LV in Maasdijk. We strive to respond within 1 month of receiving your question, comment or complaint.
If you do not agree with the processing of your personal data by us, you can also file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA).
In case of a (suspected) data breach, please report this immediately using the above contact details.
- Amendments to the privacy statement and other matters
We can amend the privacy statement by posting an updated version on the website. We recommend that you check the privacy statement regularly to keep informed about the current policy on personal data. None of the provisions in this privacy statement are intended to create any obligation or agreement between us and a data subject. The provisions in this privacy statement and any disputes arising therefrom are governed by Dutch law.
Wateringen, 30 November 2021